There's nothing like that pure joy that makes you grin from ear to ear when you hear one of your favorite bands play those first few chords, before busting into one of your teenage anthems. I went and saw Less Than Jake tonight, and man, was that a fun show.
A few observations:
- Whoa, I can afford beer at shows now
- It's a bit surreal that the band is celebrating 25 years
- The audience is full of throwbacks that just make you reminisce - hoodies and teeshirts for Op Ivy, Skankin' Pickle, the Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Alkaline Trio, etc
- Circle pits are exhausting when you're pushing 40
- You've gotten old when the band is suggesting going across the street to Ground Kontrol (one of the members is celebrating their 33rd and they've talked them into staying open till 3) and all you're thinking is "I'll be sound asleep"