When I pack, my lunch usually includes two sandwiches and two things of yogurt. This week, I'm mixing it up a bit and got some apples and bananas to go with it.
- Loaf of 12 grain bread - $2.29
- Pound of deli turkey - $7.27
- Pound of deli roast beef - $8.18
- Half a pound of deli swiss - $3.70
- Sprouts - $1.29
- 6 containers of yogurt - $3.60
Admittedly, I do make some big sandwiches - probably 0.3 lbs of meat or so, and the rest will get eaten here and there.
So, are there any dollar savings for packing? If there are, it's pretty minimal, but it does allow me to eat healthier, and have smaller amounts throughout the day. Could I cut some corners and get the amount lower? I'm not sure . . .